Deadline for abstract submission: January 19, 2018.
We would like to inform you that abstract submission for the Symposium is now opened untill January 19, 2018.
We would appreciate your participation to the Symposium which is the opportunity to gather every two years the contact mechanics community.
As usual, the congress addresses a wide panorama of topics in the area of contact mechanics in order to reinforce the interactions and collaborations between various communities:
- Models, interface laws,wear, tribological modeling, cohesive zone models, rolling;
- Emerging computational approaches: methods, algorithms and numerical analysis;
- Mathematical analysis;
- Dynamic contact problems, instabilities;
- Micromechanics of contact and multiscale approaches;
- Multiphysics and thermomechanical coupling;
- Granular materials and rigid bodies;
- Contact modeling in mechanical and civil engineering, biomechanics and geomechanics.
The series of CMIS symposia started in 1992 in Lausanne.
The locations have always been selected with the idea of providing a quiet and confidential environment to encourage exchanges of ideas among the participants.
Following such tradition, CMIS 2018 will be held at the Sanctuary of Oropa (Biella), Italy, on May 16-18, 2018, and it will be the 9th event of the series.
- Lausanne, Switzerland, 1992
- Carry Le Rouet, France, 1994
- Peniche, Portugal, 2001
- Hannover, Germany, 2005
- Chania, Greece, 2009
- Cargese, France, 2012
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2014
- Warsaw, Poland, 2016
- Oropa (Biella), Italy, 2018